How has innovation made Cedar Point so successful?
- Started as a beach resort
- Owner to owner
- Original owner didn’t want to emphasise the parks rides
- early rides
- pony track
- Place for Innovation
- Innovative rides over the years
- Switchback Railway
- Blue Streak
- Cedar Creek Mine ride
- 1969 - First to use steel tubular track
- 1976 - first with 3 inversions
- 1994 - Tallest & Fastest Inverted Roller Coaster
Getting closer to the park excitement builds. As each sign directing you toward your final destination makes the heart pound, you know you’re in for a great day. Finally you get out of the car and hear seagulls squawking as they fly overhead and screams from those already enjoying the rides. Cedar Point has been a summer tradition for millions over its lifetime. How did this all start? How has innovation and management evolved this park into what we know it as today?