Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Not-This-Pig Exploration

"In 2002 President George W. Bush signed an executive order authorizing the National Security Agency to monitor telephone conversations and Internet transactions of American citizens without a court warrant."
I can easily be bothered and it doesnt take much to do so. The above statement that started out chapter 18 was one of those things that instantly bothered me while reading this book. The fact that something like this can happen without the publics knowledge amazes me. I just think that this is such an invasion of privacy and feel like it violates our rights and it seems like the goverenment can do whatever they want whenever they please. This just really got me fired up that they did this. But what really made me mad was when AT&T was questioned in court about the whole thing and they wouldnt specifically say that they were asked to do so by the goverenment, instead they kept saying that "We follow the law." The government didnt even want them to admit to it. This is what really struck me and bothered me!

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, the above statement also bothered me. I was actually going to use that same quote until I saw you beat me to it. This just does not seem fair to the American people and really shows the bad side of AT&T. Now that I think about it, AT&T has really never looked good in this book lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that statement really bothered me. I guess that I just never knew that the government authorized this without consent. That and the fact that AT&T was involved in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it outrageously disturbing how much the government can just abuse technology and take total control to their advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to hide information can a lot of the times make the actual action even worse. You should admit it with a your good reason for doing something, or else like this, you are only seen as guilty and wrong. They sould have had some kind of punishment.

    ReplyDelete