Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Exploration 6


It was the night before a snowstorm and I knew the next day I would be able to make a decent amount money. I figured the only circumstance that would cut into my profit was if school was not canceled; therefore, limiting the hours I could start shoveling snow. I went to sleep that night and woke up around 7 a.m. to Fox news and realized school was canceled.  I started to begin my day as usual with a shower and bagel. As I finished my bagel the phone rang.
I scurried to the phone and said,” Hello.”
“Hey Hen, do you want to play the Xbox today?” answered my friend Stephon.
I thought to myself, if this isn’t temptation I don’t know what is.
“Actually, I was thinking about shoveling snow,” I replied.
“Well can I come along.’
“Yes,” I said while hanging up the phone.
After the telephone call I frantically hurried to find my snow suit and ski mask. I ran to my room and tore my dressers apart until I was fully dressed. I then proceeded to the garage to retrieve my shovel and make an exit from the house by sliding under the garage doors before they crushed me. As I stood up from the ground I saw nothing but snow flurries in every direction. I walked to the end of the driveway just to hear my mother yell” there is a blizzard warning, come back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment