Monday, March 4, 2013

Not this pig

"Unlike the Nixon and Reagan administrations, which had been serious about competition in communications, the Bush administration tended to agree that competition didn't necessarily require that there be any extant competitors."
This quote from chapter 18 surprised me because the Nixon and Reagan administrations worked so hard to try to create competition while the Bush administration quickly reversed it all.  This greatly bothered me because I can appreciate it when people put a lot of effort into something but I hate it when someone else comes along and just screws up all of their work.  I can relate to this because there have been times in my life when I either work hard to build something or write something and someone else either destroys what I made or completely changes it.  This tends to make me feel like whatever i had originally done was useless and it really bothers me.  What really bothered me in this section, however, was the fact that AT&T was working closely with the government to accomplish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment