Monday, January 14, 2013

About Me

My name is Chris Bennett and I am from Geneva, Ohio. I am planning on majoring in Welding Engineering. I enjoy learning how things work and making things which is why I am an engineering major. My fun fact is that I lived in Hawaii for 5 years, age 6 to age 11.

My poem was about my girlfriend that I have been with for a little over a year. The process i went through for composing this poem was looking at the suggested ideas for the poem and thinking about how they apply to my girlfriend. The main challenge that I encountered was making sure the poem flowed in an organized sense. The poem actually turned out better than I thought it would because I have never written a poem and did not expect for it to turn out well.

The American dream to me is the chance to be whomever you want to be and there is nothing holding you back from at least trying towards your dream. Other countries have classes that you are born into and cannot advance higher in social classes.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that you lived in Hawaii! do you have any pictures of you there when you were a kid? I think living there would be amazing. Did you learn how to surf? or is that stereotypical?

    ReplyDelete