Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Poem


We Used To

 

 

We used to spend all our time together when I was young

 

We used to play backgammon and I always somehow won.

 

You used to tell me stories that would help to guide me in life

 

I realize it now that your wits were as sharp as a knife.

 

You taught many children and gave them the tools to succeed

 

I can always hear you telling me to be the best in my dreams.

 

We used to go out and you would always buy me a toy

 

I should’ve known spending time with you was the greater joy.

 

Everyone looked up to you and came to you with their problems

 

And with no doubt in your mind you would always help solve them.

 

We used to just sit and enjoy each others company

 

Even if it was at 7:30 in the morning.

 

But we can’t do anything now because your gone

 

If I could tell you one last thing it would be I love you and then I’ll move on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment